Solar panels - a worthwhile investment..
With public awareness growing in relation to solar panels, now might be a good time to consider the benefits of harnessing the power of the sun.
Compared to 3 or more years ago, the cost of solar panels has come down in price and the technology has also advanced with the result that they now work in ordinary daylight and are not dependent upon the sun. So they start paying for themselves as soon as they are installed.
Advantages of using solar energy
- Protect yourself from rising energy prices
- Solar panels are easily installed with little mess and require very little maintenance
- It's green and clean, and you'll improve the energy rating of your property
- Get paid for the energy you generate
- It's a tax free income which is index-linked
- This payment is guaranteed for 20 years
- The return on your investment can be as much as 15%, with many customers halving their electricity bills in their first year
- Experience shows that predicted yields are being greatly exceeded
Why use Dresser-Solar?
In May 2012 the company gained accreditation from the Micro-generation Certification Scheme (MCS) and added a further string to its bow by becoming an approved solar panel installer. Dresser-Solar was launched in response to customer demand and since then we've had plenty of installations under our belt ranging from 4kW domestic schemes to larger 250kW commercial projects.
Some of our most recent installations have been the 'greening' of Thirsk Garden Centre - which involved two 4kW installations to the two houses on the site as well as 50kW installation for the main building. We also installed 200 solar panels - another 50kW scheme - for Thirsk Auction Mart alongside the A168/A19 trunk roads. Following on from this numerous installations have been carried out for agricultural and domestic customers.
What makes us special?
- We provide a free site assessment and survey
- No hard sell, we're a family-run business and much of our work comes through customer loyalty and recommendation
- We explain everything in plain English
- Many customers are wary of some of the solar businesses who are here today and gone tomorrow. This year we are celebrating 20 years in business and we're looking forward to many more years to come
- We supply and fit with our own trained technicians, and we're an approved contractor with all of the major trade bodies
- We provide a warranty with our installations together with a guarantee from the manufacturer
- We use good quality products from reputable manufacturers including Bosch, Axitec and Panasonic
- As with any scheme of this kind, the paperwork can be a headache. We help you with this so that your installation is fuss-free